Radiosonde Pageby IW1GIS
At the beginning of 2017 I discovered the world of radiosonde.
This page contains some works on this subject.
7 elements Yagi Uda antenna
An article (wrote in italian language) that describes how to build a Yagi Uda Antenna running on 403 MHz.
Here the direct link 403 MHz Yagi Uda Antenna
I've created a Database containing all the radiosondes received from my station.
It's also possible to perform tracking comparison and soon I 'll add atmospheric data.
Here the direct link Sonde Archive
This kind of sonde implements an automatic power off procedure called "burst killer".
The status of this feature is directly reported by the RS41 sonde in its telemetry.
This simple tool can read a Rs41 telemetry file in order to provide an early indication on burst killer status.
The following picture shows an example of RS41 tool results
Here the direct link to download the tool RS41 tool Release 0.1 (280 Kbytes)
RS41 Tracker is a software running on Windows that itís able to decode telemetries generated by Vaisala RS41 radiosondes.
Used in conjunction with a FM radio receiver it allows operators to display radiosonde positions on a map and to control other meaningful parameters like temperature, wind speed/direction and burst killer related information.
All in real time.
Main features are:
* Directly decoding of GFSK signal received by the FM radio receiver (the use of a Software Defined Radio is recommended).
* Capability to connect and command SDRSharp software by mean of Net Remote Control plugin.
* Advanced frequencies scan and decode: RS41 Tracker is able to look for RS41 radiosonde signal in a given list of frequencies, starting the radiosonde decoding when a valid signal is detected.
* Real time showing radiosonde position on google map (internet connection is required)
* Map auto centered on radiosonde position
* Map type selectable by user (road, satellite, hybrid, terrain).
* Burst killer detailed information and launch time estimation.
* Radiosonde RAW data save
* Post processing of RS41 RAW data file
* Tracking information (elevation, bearing, slant range)
* Radiosonde track saved on kml and gpx file
* Ghost track shown on map (loading from kml file)
* Shortcut for google maps in browser
* Ozone sensor telemetries
* Estimation of PTU parameters
* Automatic software updates check (at startup and on demand)
* Precise pressure calculation for Rs41-SGP model
* Antenna Rotor Handler (Yaesu protocol and Registry)
* RS41 Telemetry export in csv format
The following picture shows how RS41 Tracker looks
and here a link to download a zip file containing a RS41 RAW sample file RS41 RAW data file (zipped) (2.2 Mbytes)